HEAD COACH, NATIONAL MEN 7s
JOB DESCRIPTION The Norwegian Rugby Federation is seeking qualified and motivated applicants for Head Coach, Men 7s. This is a
The Norwegian Rugby Federation is seeking qualified and motivated applicants for Head Coach, Men 7s. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an ambitious group of players that represent their country in the Rugby Europe Men’s Sevens Conference 1 European Championship. The successful applicant will play a key role in the team’s continued change, development and goals toward 2020 to become the proud flag bearer of Norwegian Olympic Rugby. The job is not salaried, but expenses as agreed will be reimbursed. Norway play the European Championship in July and have historically had 3-4 training weekends and participated in 2 other tournaments. In total the successful applicants must be willing to work 6-8 weekends a year.
The Head Coach will be a person who has:
- Advanced level coaching accreditation accompanied by recent experiences as a high-performance coach. Minimum RFU Level 2, ideally Level 3, World Rugby Level 4 ideally 5 or equivalent
- Evidence of recently upgraded accreditation, recent attendance at coaching workshops or evidence of other forms of self-education that displays currency as a coach who continues to seek further development;
- Experience at managing assistant coaches and working cooperatively with team managers, strength and conditioning coaches, team medical staff and performance analysis personnel
- Evidence of understanding of current best practice and a history of performing best practice (preferably recent best practice) as it applies to rugby coaching;
- Demonstrated evidence of an ability to understand, support and implement development plans
- Demonstrated evidence of being able to influence others including an ability to build good relationships with others who may not be receptive to change
- A background that displays people management and people leadership skills and attributes, and the ability to assist in growing rugby from the base and up in Norway
OBJECTIVE OF HEAD COACH, NATIONAL MEN 7s TEAM
The assigned person will perform the role of Head Coach of Norway Men 7s Team. The role will be viewed as being an integral and significant element of the high-performance player pathway process as we are building rugby in Norway and set the Long-Term Rugby Development framework for the National Teams. The Head Coach, National Men’s Team will lead the team in the preparation for the Rugby Europe 2017 Mens Sevens Conference 1 Championship and will be responsible for developing and rebuild a successful team environment during the selection and preparation stages as well as in the competition itself.
ROLE OF HEAD COACH, NATIONAL MEN 7s
The Head Coach, National Men 7s will be responsible for creating a successful team environment, based on elite level coaching skills and processes, and close co-operation with the club coaches. The appointed person will work alongside assistant coach, the Manager and the physio.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
The Head Coach, National will be responsible for performing the following roles and/or delivering the following outcomes.
- Coaching, Team Preparation & Performance
- Player Development
- Coaching, Team Preparation & Performance
- Plan, develop and initiate the National Men 7s team’s technical, youth and tactical development adhering to The Norwegian Rugby Federation strategies.
- Evaluate and record the effectiveness of individual, unit and team performances.
- Monitor the performance of assistant coaches, specialist coaches and other staff available to the
- Work cooperatively with the team’s assistant coaching staff, management staff and Integrated Support Team
- Work cooperatively with the National Senior Men’s Team Coach and the Manager, Player Development on a regular basis
Liaise with the Manager and club coaches, Player Development on all policy and procedural expectations. Ensure players receive adequate feedback from training, playing and review.
- Provide match by match reports and end of program reports
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Per Thorkildsen on +47 41011100. Please apply by 16 March 2017 by mail to: email@example.com