Available position: Manager National Wheelchair Rugby Team
The Norwegian Rugby Federation is seeking qualified and motivated applicants for Manager National Wheelchair Rugby Team. This is a fantastic
The Norwegian Rugby Federation is seeking qualified and motivated applicants for Manager National Wheelchair Rugby Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an ambitious group of players that represent their country in the Third division of European Wheelchair rugby. The successful applicant will play a key role in the team’s continued change, development and goals to become the proud flag bearer of Norwegian Paralympics Rugby. The job is not salaried, but expenses as agreed will be reimbursed. Norway plays the European Championship and has historically had 3-4 training weekends and participated in 2 other tournaments. In total the successful applicants must be willing to work 6-8 weekends a year.
Objective and Focus
The manager of the team is the main responsible of the team. His/her role is to organize all national team activities, assist the team coach in the selection of the team, collaborate with the union in the work of finding sponsors, and be the main communicator with the rest of the team management, club coaches, the federation and potential and current national team players.
The manager will focus on the development of the national team, and its responsibility to develop Norwegian Wheelchair rugby as a whole, in accordance with the NRF strategic plan.
Role and responsabilities
- Plan the national team activities in collaboration with the team coach
- Communicate national team activities and procedures to all clubs and potential players
- Responsible of all communication with
- Clubs and players on selection processes, training programs and open training camps
- Coach and team physio
- National team players on all practical information, training programs and questions
- The NRF board (reporting)
- The NRF social media responsible
- Responsible of work to find sponsors
- Responsible of the teams budget
- Responsible of refunds to players / staff
- Organize training camps and tournaments
- Booking tickets, hotels, transportation etc
- Communication with tournament organizers
- Communication with players attending
- Responsible for players having completed required courses (Antidoping Norge, Wheelchair Rugby Ready ), are eligible to play, are NRF members and are insured
- Responsible for kit, medical equipment, and materials
Will work closely with the national team coach and physio and report to the person responsible for the national teams on the NRF board.
- Fluency in Norwegian and English languages
- Good and clear communicator
- Organized and efficient
- Good at getting things done and taking initiative
- Skilled relationship builder
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Erik Baret on +47 916 89 746 or Per Thorkildsen on +47 41011100.
Please apply by 30 March 2017 by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org