You can become a coach through the NRF and the Norwegian Sports Federation using their coaching track:
- Trainer 1 focuses on coaching of children and new comers to rugby.
- The education begins with e-courses via the Norwegian Rugby Federation’s pages in the learning portal “click here to go to the portal“.
The training is organised for all the rugby variations; Rugby Union, Rugby League and Wheelchair Rugby. First there is a generic rugby session before specialising.
Trainer 1 course consists of:
- E-course from NIF: The coaches role, The children’s sport’s values, Pure athlete etc.
- E-courses from your activity (currently there are only courses available for wheelchair rugby and union).
- Collection of workshops and lectures on exercise management, anti-doping, basic first aid, etc.
- Activity-specific content content. This includes Level 1 courses from the International Rugby Union/Rugby League.
- Practice the part that you teach yourself.
The next level is Trainer 2, this is for those who have completed the course and the practice on the trainer 1 course. this course focuses on training older children and adults.
Contact the office for more information on the “coaching track”.